Institution: MINISTRY OF TOURISM AND DIASPORA RELATIONS (MTDR)
Project: SUSTAINABLE TOURISM PROGRAM II (STPII)
Operation No: 3566/OC-BL
RFB title: Supply of Tourism Security Transportation
RFB Number.: ICB02/2021
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared on the Development Business website, February 2016.
2. The Government of Belize through the Ministry of Tourism and Diaspora Relations has received a “loan” from the Inter-American Development Bank toward the cost of the Sustainable Tourism Program II, and it intends to apply a part of the proceeds of this “loan” to payments under the Contract for the Supply of Tourism Security Transportation – SBD/GDS02/ICB02/2021.
3. The Ministry of Tourism and Diaspora Relations now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the supply of Tourism Security Transportation.
4. The Request for Bids will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the Inter-American Development Bank’s Policies for the Procurement of Works and Goods financed by the Inter-American Development Bank (GN-2349-15), and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Policies.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Ministry of Tourism and Diaspora Relations from Tamara Cano, firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below during the office hours 09:00 AM to 04:00 PM local Belize time.
6. A margin of preference for certain goods manufactured domestically “shall not” be applied. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
7. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be obtained by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below (no associated cost).
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before December 15, 2021 at 2:00 PM, Local Belize Time. Electronic bidding “will not” be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened physically in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 2:15 PM on December 15, 2021, local Belize time.
9. All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid security” in the amounts stated below or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency:
Lot 1 – Trail Motorbikes (Bz$600.00)
Lot 2 – UTV (Bz$1,500.00)
Lot 3 – Vehicles (Bz$8,000.00)
10. The address referred to above is:
Ministry of Tourism and Diaspora Relations
Attn: Tamara Tingling-Cano
Procurement Specialist, STPII
106 South Street, Belize City,