The Border Management Agency is a statutory board responsible for the management and administration of Belize’s border points facilities and operations, including maintenance, security, emergency services, and facility upgrades.
To provide the most excellent service to the Belizean people, regional and international tourists and guests visiting and departing our country; to enhance the capability of the different border dependencies operating at our border stations, and ensuring the transparent and accountable collection of revenue for the Belizean People and Government via the services provided and the collection of all departure taxes for its reinvestment into our borders and services provided.
Border Management Agency looks forward to expanding and keeping pace with world tourism and the global village concept to provide the greatest experience to all visitors entering and departing Belize; promoting, developing, maintaining, securing and monitoring our borders where safety, security, pleasure and pleasant memories are synonymous to the border experience desired by all through hospitality; excellent services; accountability and re-investment of all revenues generated at our points of entry.
- To provide high quality, efficient administration and control of prescribed border points and related services on a financially viable medium ensuring self-sustainability of the Agency.
- To provide and maintain such services and facilities as are in its opinion necessary or desirable for the efficient operation of prescribed border points.
- To provide for border security
- To work in collaboration with counterparts including Customs, Immigration, Police and other affiliates of interest to the Agency.
- To provide or to coordinate the provisions of emergency services, including rescue and firefighting services at prescribed border points.
- To promote, develop and maintain the border points entrusted under its care ensuring accountability and reinvestments of its revenues generated at the border points, including a continuous outlook for other sources of revenue via new border developments as world affairs and events demand it for self-reliance.
- To administer, control and manage all border points, including maintenance of facilities and provision of security, coordination and other services,
- To provide and maintain such services and facilities as are in its opinion necessary or desirable for the efficient operation of border points.
- To provide, or to coordinate the provision of emergency services, including rescue and firefighting services, at prescribed border points.
Border Management Agency
Benque Viejo del Carmen
Cayo District, Belize